The work of the Bath War Hospital did not cease with the signing of the armistice in 1918. When the Ministry of Pensions took over the hospital in November 1919 the total number of cases admitted was 24,333. Of these 18,710 reached the hospital in 124 convoys from the Midland Road Station, the last of which arrived on 30th June 1919.
On the 19th January 1919 the War Office became responsible for all the expenses of the hospital, although local fundraising continued to supply the wounded soldiers with ‘comforts’. The hospital was designated as a dispersal hospital for the counties of Somerset, Gloucester and Bristol, with all patients from those counties to be transferred there until they were fit to be discharged. After the Ministry of Pensions took over the running of the hospital in November 1919 a further 15,000 patients were treated.